The connection between your WooCommerce webshop (version 3.0 or higher) and your Spotler account is established directly via Spotler's REST API. For this purpose, you must install our plugin in your WooCommerce webshop.
Our plugin is the connection between your WooCommerce webshop and your Spotler account. The advantage of this system is that the data remains with Spotler and is not processed through a third party.
The link works like this:
The Spotler Connector for WooCommerce retrieves the data from your WooCommerce webshop and then transfers it to your Spotler account. Periodically, the permission changes are retrieved from Spotler and forwarded to your WooCommerce webshop. That way, all systems remain up to date regarding newsletter permissions. For other contact information, your WooCommerce webshop is always the guiding factor.
Requirements for a successful connection
There are a couple of conditions for connecting your WooCommerce webshop with Spotler:
- You are running WordPress 4.9.0 or higher
- You are running WooCommerce 3.0 or higher
- You have installed the "WooSpotler" plugin from no.dots. no.dots provides an implementation manual for this, if needed.
- Each WooCommerce webshop is connected to Spotler with one WooSpotler license. If you wish to link multiple shops, or if you have a multistore environment, you will need a separate license for each shop.
- From Spotler to WooCommerce, only newsletter cancellations are given back.
- 'WooSpotler' connects Spotler's standard fields to the relevant fields in WooCommerce. WooCommerce does not contain all the fields that Spotler contains by default, so you can therefore adjust the fields manually in WooSpotler. This way, if your webshop uses extra fields, you can also connect these fields to Spotler.
- Configurable products are treated as 'simple' products. That means that, when you sell comforters (for instance), which are available in various sizes, the cheapest variety will be shown. The cheapest prices are sent to Spotler, even if the regular price of a configuration is lower than the clearance price of another configuration.
- WooSpotler offers the possibility to display a checked box "Subscribe to newsletter" in the checkout screen. It is possible to adjust the text of this check box. If you use a permission field other than that of WooSpotler, there is no guarantee that the newsletter permissions will work.
- Installing WordPress or the WooCommerce plugin update, or other plugins, may have an effect on the connection with Spotler. We therefore recommend that you always first test this safely in a test environment.