The campaign is now completely configured and active. To be sure that the whole process runs smoothly, you should test the campaign. You can do this by entering a (made up) date of birth in your own contact card in the Lists module, which will trigger the campaign within a short period of time. If you use interests-based content in your birthday email, it is useful to add some to your contact card too, to make sure all the elements work properly.
Is your email address missing from the Lists module? Then add it yourself by using the tab Contacts.
While testing, pay attention to the following:
- Tone of voice
- Does the campaign get activated (is it triggered)?
- Is the campaign message sent at the right time?
- Are the subject line and the name of the sender correct?
- Are all images visible?
- Is everything aligned properly?
- Are all click-throughs working properly?
- Are all standard links, such as unsubscribing, forwarding and contact working properly?
- If you have personalized the message, has this happened correctly?
- Are the (dynamic) products displayed properly?
- Does the coupon code work?
You can verify the test points listed under the heading "Campaign" in the campaign reports. Read more about it in the next step.